I’m about 1 month and 94 updates into our Flying Dog Twitter page and here’s what I think so far:
- We grew our “followers” by 20% when we mentioned the Twitter page in our email newsletter
- Consistently posting “updates” builds “followers”
- There are other brands that are experimenting with Twitter – Southwest Airlines, jetBlue, BMW and GM to name a few. Personally, I like following brands on Twitter as long as the updates have some substance.
- I try to post at least one Flying Dog update per day because I believe that there should be at least one thing we want to tell our consumers per day. The exercise of thinking about what I want to tell consumers helps me stay connected with what resonates with consumers.
- I’m not sure if we’re reaching the right consumers in a meaningful way, but it’s worth a try. All it costs is time and as a marketer, it’s helping me stay even more connected to the brand.