I had a conversation this week about the conversations, and subsequently, friends I have made on our Flying Dog Twitter. I was bragging about these consumers and how loyal they were, how they recommend our brand to their friends, and blah, blah blah.
The person I was talking to said, “I don’t think you want people stalking the brand.” I’m not sure I’ve ever disagreed with a statement more in my life.
Brand Stalkers is EXACTLY what we (and any marketers, for that matter) want. To me, stalking is the next level up from brand loyalty. I LOVE our stalkers!
Brand Stalkers are:
- Consumers that are extremely engaged in all of your brand’s activities conversations, innovations.
- They’re opinionated and involved.
- They’re emotional about your brand.
- They obsess about your brand.
- They talk and recommend your brand.
- They congratulate you when you do something good and they let you know when you do something bad.
- They care.
So I want to thank that person for helping me better understand #1 objective as a marketer: attracting stalkers.