I don’t know about you, but I get asked this question everyday: How are you adjusting your marketing strategy in a down economy?
Here are my thoughts:
- Invest in people. Good people will always figure how to get the job done, even in adverse conditions.
- “All hands on deck.” This means everyone in the organization takes on a sales mentality. Make sure everyone is trained on how to identify a sales opportunity and how to take advantage of it.
- Put together a list of your Top 10 ways to save some money.
- Be consistent. The last thing you want is for your business partners, retailers, distributors, consumers to think you’re panicking.
- Play it safe, but don’t play it stupid. Yes, that advertising buy may make you look good in front of your boss or the board of directors, but is it going to sell product?
- Find ways to engage in conversation with your heavy users and fanatical consumers. More than ever, your brand’s stalkers are going to help you spread the word.
- Get uber-focused on your goals. If your marketing tactics aren’t directly affecting your core business objectives in a positive way, you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
Do have any other points to add to this? Drop a comment if you do.