I’ve looked all over the interweb for a simple, social media/web 2.0 flow chart-diagram-type-thingy. Most of what I have found is really technical (like this) and goes on the theory that everyone knows and uses EVERY social media application.
So I got to doodling today and came up with this:
Maybe this is overly simplified, but this isn’t intended for all you blog-reading geeks. It’s more for people who work on the brand side, with small budgets and want to get the word out.
Here’s how it works:
- Content is developed. It can come in the form of photos, in-store displays, videos, promotions and more.
- That content is packaged up and formatted for a blog. (I really considered adding “website” in that box, but decided against it).
- From there the content is shared in your favorite social networking and bookmarking websites.
- THEN, the content is promoted on Twitter. Personally, I see Twitter in a world of it’s own and different than blogs or social sites.
- That’s it. Pretty simple.
But give me your thoughts. This is by no means perfect or finished. It’s just a starting point.